We’re leading the UK’s ambitious plans to grow manufacturing through digital technologies, innovation and skills.
Made Smarter was created following an industry-led review of how UK manufacturing industries can prosper through digital tools and innovation. This independent review was commissioned by UK Government and led by Professor Juergen Maier CBE, Chair of Made Smarter UK.
The Review made 4 key recommendations:
- LEADERSHIP - More ambitious, informed and focused leadership for digitalisation. Find out about the Leadership programme.
- ADOPTION - More widespread adoption of technology across supply chains, especially amongst SME makers. Find out about our Business Growth Advice.
- INNOVATION - Faster innovation and creation of new tech, new companies and value-streams. We do this in partnership with the Manufacturing Made Smarter Challenge Fund.
- SKILLS - Upskilling workforces and identifying future skills. Find out about upskilling.
As a relatively young business, we want to build the company on the right footing by investing in the right digital technologies at the right time. Made Smarter has provided us fantastic support and advice to enable us to stride towards our ambition of developing a smooth, client-led, high-quality service.Darren Martin, Managing Director of DM Engineering
Made Smarter is responding to these recommendations through:
- ADOPTION - Accelerating the diffusion and adoption of digital technologies across the UK manufacturing sector. This is currently being piloted through a programme of support in North West England with the intention to scale up across other regions.
- INNOVATION - Creating a much more visible and effective digital ecosystem to accelerate the innovation of Industrial Digital Technologies (IDTs). We are connecting manufacturing, technology and research organisations to develop innovative technology solutions for some of industries’ biggest challenges.
- SKILLS - We are upskilling a million industrial workers to get the best from digital technologies. This is providing opportunities for manufacturers to increase their understanding and skills set and identifying skills for the future.
- LEADERSHIP - The Made Smarter Commission was created to inspire the UK’s next Industrial Revolution with stronger leadership and marketing of the country’s ambition to be a global pioneer in Industrial Digital Technologies.